Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 10:46 AM { 0 }


Okay, yesterday night I was watching a movie shown by Channel 5. It's about Boa VS Python. And yeah, I was wondering what's the differences between these 2 types of constrictor. Since I'm bored and have almost nothing to blog about!

I decided to do research about this. LOL! PS: I'm too lazy to transfer Bingo's photos to my laptop then upload them via Facebook or blog them here. Cause Bingo has WAY too much of photos. Heehee.

I'm shocked by the results that I've gotten! There's like more than 5 constrictors around! God.. So, as I'm learning about constrictor, I'll blog them here too. Let's learn them together shall we? (:


Reticulated Python: SEA, Females can be as long as 20 feet and 200 pounds while the Males can be as long as 12-14 feet and 75-85 pounds. I've got to say that I love its skin. LOL!

---

African Rock Python: Africa, Females can be as long as 16-18 feet and 120-150 pounds while the Males can be as long as 12-14 feet and 85-100 pounds. Note: Aggressive when its defending it nest. 

---

Ball Python: The best starter constrictor for people to keep.

---

Albino Burmese Python: Asia, Myanmar, India. Females can be as long as 16-18 feet and 120-150 pounds while the Males can be as long as 12-14 feet and 85-100 pounds. PS: No such snake is alive in any zoo today. Such a pity as it is a pretty snake!

---

Blood Python: Asia. 4-6 feet, heavily bodied. Even though, its name made it sounded fierce but the fact is its not the fiercest python. 

---

Australia Water Python: Australia. Females can be as long as 7 feet while the Males can be as long as 5-6 feet. Its nickname is Brown Water Python as it is not very much covered with bright colours/patterns like the other pythons! Note: Rather aggressive. 

---

Anaconda: South America, North/East Central. Preferable swamp environment. Females can be as long as 12-18 feet while the Males can be as long as 6-11 feet. HEAVIEST snake ever recognised as it can be weighed as heavy as 300 pounds. Note: Aggressive.

---

Boa Constrictor: Central/South America. Preferable dense tropical forest. Note: Females gave birth to young ALIVE. Note: long lived species as it can live up to 30 years!

---

So overall, what I've got to say is... Females snakes ARE usually longer than the Males, maybe its because that she takes in more food in order to prepare herself for her young. Who knows. Till then! (:

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< home